Seasons greetings! ♥ This is my first year participating and I couldn't be happier with this community! It simply brings everything that I love about the holiday spirit together in one warm, fuzzy bundle of joy!
Anyway, hi! I'm a freshman college student who is studying Political Science and Sociology and I recently moved back to my home country, Costa Rica. Things have been rather difficult for me, trying to adapt and whatnot, but everyday I get is a blessing nonentheless. It's the holidays that make me remember everything that I love about staying close to your family, friends, and keeping a warm open heart to everyone you meet. I had previously posted the same meme on my own account but I'd figure I would do a new one and share with you all! Please, please link me to your list if you decide to help me out and I'll most definitely do my best to help you out too!
1. A series of Shigure/Akito short drabbles from the anime Fruits Basket. This is my favorite pairing as of now and it's been kinda hard to find good stuff out there. You can work with whatever prompt comes to your head or I could go ahead and suggest some!
2. An extension for my paid account for next year. Mine is due on February and I simply just don't have the money right now to pay for one. The one I have this year was graciously bought by another friend as a birthday gift and I don't want her to do the same thing for me again.
3. Fruits Basket manga. I'm planning on buying the whole series, but it's kind of expensive to keep spending fourteen bucks every time I buy two volumes from Amazon. It's a popular series so if anyone has any volumes (preferably after vol. 8) that they're willing to give away, I'm willing to give them a home! :D (Or you could sell them to me, for a reasonable price, that is. ♥)
4. An inspirational book. The year I've spent adapting here has been filled with ups and downs and a good little short read with tons of pick-me-ups would be just what I need. I would prefer if it had to do with never giving up, keeping positive, and all that jazz.
5. A pretty new LJ layout to start out the year!
6. A writing tutor that will stick with me through thick and thin. I...used to write a lot and then stuff got in the way that made me extremely unconfident of whatever I write. I just need someone who is open minded, kind, and very very patient. I normally just write fanfiction too so original stuff is something I don't worry about.
7. Scrapbook materials. I used to make a lot of these in high school and I intend to get back to it over vacation. Any random stickers, sheets, lacy stuff, frames, or whatever would be useful! I love being crafty!
8. A positive message. We're living in hard times and it's really easy to get cynical and want to give up. But I think otherwise. I think that if you keep that positive attitude, if you choose to work hard at being happy and loving those around you even when times are bad, then you will only get rewarded in the future. You'll also do the world a heck of a favor. I'm pretty sure we all need that: hope.
9. Any crafty talent you may want to share with me, whether it be a drawing or something knitted! I love it when people do little homemade gifts.
10. How do you boost your immune system? This year I've been getting sick like none other and I'm afraid it has something to do with my defense mechanisms. I'm under a lot of stress because of school, and I kinda don't always eat my veggies so if anyone has any homemade tips to keep that body strong (especially now that it's getting much much colder) I would appreciate it!
To get in touch, you can comment here, on my journal, or PM me~! You can also reach me at aaguilarumana @ msn.com.